Touring & treking
There is much to see around Thaton, the immediate surroundings can be easily discovered by renting a motorbike. But Thaton is also the ideal starting place for "one day" trips to the main sites of northern Thailand..
Here is a non exhautive list of "essential" excursions that we can arrange for you, departing from Thaton :
- Trip down the Mae Kok River by long boat to an elephant camp and hot springs where you can swim.
- The Chinese village of Mae Salong and its tea plantations that have replaced the poppy plantations.
- Doi Tung and Mae Fah Luang botanic garden, a beautiful garden in the mountains and a former residence of the Queen Mother.
- Mae Sai, the most northern city in Thailand. A crossing point to Burma and a huge permanent market place.
- Chang Rai and the surprising "White Temple". You can visit an impressive waterfall a few kilometers away and enjoy a meal in the Night Bazaar.
- Doi Ang khang known as Thailand’s 'Little Switzerland' for its cool climate and mountain scenery.
- Doi Wawee and Doi Chang : The resident community of the Chinese Kuomintang village of Doi Wawee grows tea. Doi Chang is well known for the largest Coffee planting in northern Thailand.
- Treks with the best local guides. An unforgettable experience that will immerse you in nature and will allow you to see the real life of tribal villages in all simplicity.